The candidate will consult with users to identify current operating procedures and to clarify program objectives. The candidate will also be responsible for writing documentation to describe custom configuration of applications and operating procedures to liaison with 3rd party application development consultants. The position requires at least 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area. You must have a working knowledge of relational databases, web and client-server concepts, and be able to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. The candidate will have the following Responsibilities:
• Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new IT software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing Microsoft based systems.
• Make recommendations on custom applications which include a number of MS-Access data capture systems for Stewardship and other databases which need to be moved into a central SQL repository.
• Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of business processes.
• Investigate and resolve application functionality related issues and provide first level support and troubleshooting of our customers systems
• Participate in application development for multiple projects.
• Assist in troubleshooting software application issues.
• Assist in managing an outsource relationship for 3rd party application development and programming consultants.
• Assist network administrator with application installation and testing.
• Troubleshoot technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing user requirements.
• Analyze data contained in the corporate database and identify data integrity issues with existing and proposed systems and implement solutions.
• Provides assistance and advice to business users in the effective use of applications and information technology.
• Provide minor programming for some in-house IT projects.
• Provide SQL administration in live and test environments.
• Write technical procedures and documentation for the applications including operations, user guide, etc.
• Produce technical documentation for new and existing applications.
• Verify database and data integrity.
• Assist in the creation of the system design and functional specifications for all new development projects.
• Serve as a liaison and facilitator between all business units to assist in addressing and resolving IT software issues.
• Should have a minimum of 7 years of technology experience with at least 5 years hands-on technical roles in the field and relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Extensive knowledge of data processing, hardware platforms, and enterprise software applications.
• Technical experience with systems networking, databases, Web development, and user support.
• Good background in Data Base design in Microsoft SQL and Access.
• Background in Microsoft .NET, Visual Basic, Excel, Word, Outlook and HTML.
• Good working knowledge skills with Microsoft Office Products, Microsoft Visio, and Microsoft Project.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes.
• Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities;
• Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high pressure on-call environment with changing priorities.
• Willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours.
• Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
• Post secondary degree in computer science or related field or a combination of related experience and education.
• A results oriented individual who thrives working in a fast paced environment.
Job Reference Code:
DATA FEDERAL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER