Personnel Security Specialist
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Initiate background investigations and run necessary pre-employment queries to include law enforcement and credit checks.
• Create temporary security files and scan documents into database;
• Request and review security documents;
• Contact employees for omissions and verification of information provided on background investigation required documentation.
• Perform fingerprinting of prospective hires;
• Review credit reports;
• Verify selective service requirements;
• Check the Central Verification System (CVS) and Personnel Investigations Processing Systems (PIPS), where appropriate, applying reciprocity prior to initiating a case in e-QIP;
• Build employee profiles in e-QIP.
• Ensure e-QIP documents are completed properly with no gaps in employment, etc., prior to submission to OPM;
• Review all cases for final pre-employment processing;
• Make recommendations for suitability determinations;
• Scan fingerprint cards and review results along with court dispositions.
• Request and review Fair Credit Report, Fingerprint Results, OF-306, and Resume/Curriculum Vitae and initiate e-QIP.
• Take timely and appropriate action on reporting adjudicative determinations to OPM.
• Send Background Investigation required documentation (e.g., OF-306 Declaration for Federal Employment, Electronic Questionnaire for Investigations Processing [e-QIP]) to employees for completion after tentative job offer acceptance.
• Identify tentative selectees covered under suitability reciprocity by applying suitability reciprocity agreements for previous, favorably adjudicated investigation at the required security level or higher.
• Pre-screen selected candidates through completed background investigations documentation according to 5 CFR 731 and OPM guidance in Essentials of Suitability and Adjudication.
• Document and store explanations when a candidate fails to complete required background investigation documentation during the given timeframe.
• Provide forms completion assistance to candidates via telephone and e-mail.
0-3 years of experience in background investigations or suitability determinations or related activities.
Experience in reviewing applicant correspondence including court documents, references, and fingerprints.
Experience in NACI Reviews including reviews of SF85, OF 306 and FBI and state law enforcement vouchers and reports
Must have the ability to analyze data, highlight key findings and communicate issues/problems with minimal supervision. Education may be substituted for experience.
Preferred Qualifications Familiarity with e-QIP, CVS, PIPS/JPAS and other security products.
Ability to apply highly technical knowledge in solving complex problems and apply law, regulation, policy and procedures to the personnel security program.
Highly organized with excellent oral and written communication skills.
High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
Job Reference Code:
DATA FEDERAL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER