Data Federal Corporation seeks an attorney with an active license (any state) and at least two years' experience to support a federal contractor in providing legal advisory services to a federal agency, on-site, in administrative proceedings.
Position is full-time, salaried, with benefits.
The successful candidate will enjoy research and writing and will have experience in administrative law, a strong work ethic, and an interest in health law or a related field.
Responsibilities for the position will include:
• Reviewing assigned cases to identify legal and factual issues and analyzing case documents to develop a finding of fact or conclusion of law.
• Researching legal authorities to develop background information and points of law and applying them to the facts of the case.
• Developing and drafting recommendations based on jurisdictional or due process issues.
• Assisting in drafting interrogatories, obtaining stipulations of fact, identifying hearing witnesses, assisting in pre-hearing negotiations, and evaluating evidence to be submitted.
• Maintaining case files, including administrative records and exhibit lists.
• Assisting senior attorneys in preparing conditional agreements, preparing advisory memoranda, and developing recommendations for cases to be decided without hearing.
• Preparing responses on status and disposition of cases, including dismissal, requests for extension, and requests for reopening.
• Assisting in drafting rulings, orders, and memoranda relating to less complicated cases and routine issues.
• Performing other duties as assigned in the processing of cases.
• Two years' experience as an attorney
• Active law license (any state)
• Ability to pass a federal background investigation
• Demonstrated interest in health law or a related field
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Experience in the Healthcare field is a plus, but not mandatory
Job Reference Code:
DATA FEDERAL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER